Just made some yummy pea and mint soup.
Simplistic, delicious and healthy.
Really was just throwing in bits of my scraps and turned out to be worthy of a post.
3 Cherry tomatoes
1 White onion
2 cloves of garlic
Dash of oil
Roughly 500 ml of vegetable stock
Mint – the fresher the better, out a sprinkling of dried mint won’t ruin it!
Salt and pepper to flavour
2 small potatoes
1. Blend diced onion, tomatoes and garlic into a blender, and then fry until simmering.
2. Slice potato into little chunks and add to the vegetable stock in a pan.
3. Once the potatoes begin to boil, add the simmering mix from 1. To the boiling pan. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Allow to boil for 5-10 mins. Once the potatoes are almost cooked, add the peas and allow to boil for 5 mins.
5. Flavour the soup with salt, pepper and add mint by the pinch. Once the peas and potatoes are done, allow soup to cool on the side.
6. Blend the soup to form a smooth mixture.
You can even freeze the soup and it’ll last for days!